Sleep Phaser is the tricorder for your sleep. It's the thing all the sleep health advocates have been waiting for.
- It tracks your sleep phases.
- It's contactless and comfortable. Sleep Phaser sits on your bedside table. No wires. No hardware in your bed.
- The sensor is passive. No high-energy radio! Monitoring works via passive infrared detection. The main deflector dish stays offline.
- It's a beautiful reading smartlight.
The tech behind Sleep Phaser
At the heart of Sleep Phaser is a passive infrared sensor that senses how your body heat changes and in an ideal setting, Sleep Phaser can also detect your breathing rate. Sleep Phaser uses an USB connector for the power supply.
Sleep Phaser connects to Sleep as Android (full license included with Sleep Phaser) to use its extensive arsenal of features:
- Smart alarm that wakes you up at the perfect moment
- Long-term sleep analysis with statistics
- Cloud app for backup and desktop access to your data
- Google Fit & Samsung Health integration
- Automatization via Tasker and IFTTT
- Dedicated support
Why Sleep Phaser?
Compared to other standalone sleep tracking solutions, Sleep Phaser is:
- comfortable and simple to set up (no plastic discs in bed, no special mattress needed, nothing to wear, just a bedside light)
- inexpensive (less than half the price than some of the competing products)
- not radio-based (only low-energy Bluetooth is used to connect to your smartphone, whereas the sensor itself is infrared-light-based)
- beautiful, slim in design
Breath rate detection
The passive infrared sensor in Sleep Phaser is so sensitive it can measure breathing. In an ideal setting, this translates to a blue line with your breath frequency trend.